“I Regret The Fued I Had With My Former Record Label” – Rapper Vector




Recall that in 2014, the rapper whose real name is Olanrewaju Ogunmefun, got into a nasty feud with his former record label, YSG Entertainment, leading into a messy court battle. For over a year, he was not able to release any music.
Now, he is looking back on how this had gone, wishing he did differently and wouldn’t have gone into such career-altering feud with the record company.
Here’s what he said, according to Punch.
About his regrets, Vector said:-
“To be honest with you, the only reason I was taken to court was because I was popular or becoming popular. I must have mismanaged information on my part as well.
I hate the fact that it slowed down my music and I lost money too. But I have learnt to try to be more patient and understanding with people.
You cannot fight with people forever regardless of what could have happened. I have reached out to my former label and we have spoken.”
About the things he lost, he said:-
“Everything happens for a reason and I am grateful for my present position. Everyone regrets things; I regret things too but I just don’t dwell on them for too long.
I will be stupid to tell you that I didn’t regret something that escalated to the extent that I could not make music for a year or so.Of course, I had regrets but I never let it drag me down.
I took all the money I had and invested it in a studio.”
Previous Post Next Post