Adeboye At 76: Why RCCG Governing Council Vowed Not To Call Him Again




Pastor Enoch Adeboye, General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), who turned 76 years old, last Friday, has touched many lives in various ways – some rather amusing.

In a funny, yet profoundly instructive story, a member of the Governing Council of the Church vowed not to call Pastor Enoch Adeboye on the phone again.

Sometime ago, Pastor David G Kuo was an RCCG pastor in‎ charge of Kano State from where he called Pastor Adeboye over an issue. “I greeted him, but ‎he responded with ‘Yes sir’, and maintained that in everything he said.

“Ha! Not sure he knew the person he was talking to, I reminded him, ‘Sir, emi David lo n soro, sir.’(Sir, David is the person speaking).

“But he responded emphatically ‘I know, Sir!’ and the ‘Yes sir’ continued.

“Aah, who am I for a whole Pastor Adeboye to address that way? I was worried.

“To avoid that I decided I would not call him again.”

Under normal circumstances, a boss addressing a subordinate that way is an indication that the latter may be in some kind of trouble or is being humoured. Besides that, even without being a pastor, Kuo knew that Pastor Adeboye, noted for signs, wonders and miracles, was a revered person. That was a lesson in humility.
Previous Post Next Post