"Arsenal's Fastest Player" Challenges World's Fastest Man Usain Bolt To Race Competition

Football lovers have speculated that Hector Bellerin, who has been labelled Arsenal’s fastest player, could be as fast as the Olympic sprint legend Usain Bolt. The Spaniard (Bellerin) broke Theo Walcott’s 40m club sprint record in 2015 but has now laid down the gauntlet for the fastest man in the world.

‘It’s not me you have to ask, I’ve been waiting for that phonecall from Jamaica,’ Bellerin told a fan Q&A in London as the face of the Puma FC Herzo collection. ‘I challenged him a while ago and he said maybe after Rio. So I’m just waiting now, need to push him.’
Bolt’s haul at Rio was gold in 100m, 200m and 4x100m to become an unprecedented ‘triple-triple’ Olympic champion, so perhaps Bellerin would have a better chance against his team-mates
‘We have a quick team full of speedsters, I think it’s really important in the game now,’ said the 21-year-old, speaking to KCTV.‘Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain always says he wants to race me and Theo (Walcott) but it never really happens.’
Previous Post Next Post