Buhari’s First Mistake, By Bamidele Ademola-Olateju

I was away from Facebook for 72 hours. When I am away, it seem to me that events conspire to happen. I heard of the House of Reps brawl. I just watched it. It sure looks like we are back to the Chuba Okadigbo's era where the mace gets "stolen".

The NASS election is the first mistake of the Buhari presidency.

All Buhari needed to have done is to tell Bukola Saraki to behave himself before leaving for the G7 summit in Germany. He did not. The "I belong to nobody" philosophy took centre stage. The young Turks who resent the overbearing influence of Bola Tinubu saw an opportunity to clip his wings and prevail on the president to stay aloof.

President Buhari did stand with arms akimbo and we have seen the result. Again, the overly ambitious Bukola Saraki is the legendary Shigidi (god made of clay) who does not know its limitations by insisting on taking a dip in the river. While trying to disgrace Buhari and subvert his change mission, rubbish Tinubu's political clout and pave the way for his presidential run, he's forgotten he cannot rubbish the platform on which he stands and still be credible.



His reputation is sinking faster than Atiku's and his permutations are remarkably wrong except in his own eyes. Now he said; "My hands are tied". Bukola will be the loser here. Buhari has four years to lead us and one mistake cannot sink him. Besides, he has a clear idea of what he wants to do, even if his silence and pace are disturbing".

Asiwaju Tinubu  is a survivor, and at times of volcanic distortions like this, silence is a veritable strategy. It is Saturday, I'm back! Sipping my latté.

I was with Pius Adesanmi in Ibadan, we met a couple of our Facebook friends. It is always a delight whenever I get to see my friends in flesh and blood.


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Easyblaze
Previous Post Next Post